Saturday, April 9, 2011



So..last week, I watched Grey's Anatomy Musical episode, titled, 'Song Beneath the Song'. I have to say..I am still reeling under the effect. Sure, the singing was good. It was just..I cant even find the words to say just how wrong the whole thing was.

First of all, the songs were not related to what was going on. I mean, one minute, Lexie Grey is asking Callie to 'Just Breathe', and next minute, she is running through corridors singing 'Breathe'. And not the Taylor Swift song. Double wham.

AlThough a catastrophic disaster (for most parts), the two things that really made me want to be the criminal that Dexter kills were: a) Pretty guy Owen singing 'How We Operate', to calm down the doctors fighting over how to go ahead and save Callie and the baby. I mean, his voice is lovely and all, but...seriously? I mean, SERIOUSLY? See how much lost for words I am?

The second strike..or b)...the couples on the show singing 'Running On Sunshine.' It was so bloody stupid to see Owen and Christina making out while singing the song...I am shuddering as I write this. It was so out of character, I was reminded of Glee doing 'Like a Virgin', only, this was way more kinky...and out of context.

Many people think that the highlight of the show was Sara Ramirez singing Brandi Carlile's 'The Story'. As someone who absolutely adores and worships Brandi Carlile, I wouldnt agree. Sure, Ramirez is a great singer, but why? Why did they have to sing Brandi Carlile song? And though technically there was nothing wrong with it, I felt it lacked the original version's depth...and, well, awesomeness.

I love musicals. I really do. But throw in a couple of more such episodes, and I am sure my love for them will diminish. Sweeney Todd and Glee (nowadays) didnt help in increasing my love for musicals. If they cant tackle taking on such risks, they shouldnt. Shonda Rhimes - stick to doctors of Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital using scalpels and acting like high schoolers. PLEASE PLEASE do not take on a musical episode again. It is a request.





PS-The image does not belong to me.

1 comment:

  1. YOU'RE AN IDIOT. THE SONGS WERE PERFECT, AND THEY WERE JUST DOING IT FOR FUN, DO YOU NOT GET THAT? MAYBE IF YOU TOOK 2 SECONDS TO TAKE YOU HEAD OUT OF YOU A$$ THEN YOU WOULD REALIZE THAT FACT. I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE (YOU) HAVE THE NERVE TO DO THIS. IT'S COMPLETE BLASPHEMY. GO HOME FAT PIG.

    ReplyDelete